Report Zero Taxes on IRS Form 941
Don’t have any taxes to report on IRS Form 941 this quarter?
As an employer, if you have not paid your employees any wages for the quarter, your tax amount will automatically be zero. Even if your tax amount is zero, the IRS expects you to file your Form 941.
There is no need to waste your time entering zeros throughout your Form 941. That's why we have created a feature that eliminates the need to do this. With TaxBandits, you can quickly complete your 941 e-filing without having to go through each page of the form.
Report zero taxes using TaxBandits
- Choose the Tax Year and Quarter that you want to file.
- Once you choose the appropriate quarter, as usual, you will be redirected to Part 1 of Form 941.
- Under your business details, select the “Check here if no payments were made to employees in Quarter” box.
When you select this checkbox, below are the changes that happen to your form automatically.
- Part 1 of Form 941 - Lines 1 to 15 will be marked as zero.
- Part 2 of Form 941 - Deposit schedule will be set to minimum tax liability since there are no taxes to report.
- Part 3 of Form 941 - Lines 19 to 25 will be marked as zero.
After selecting this, you may have to select the options based on whether you have closed the business or are a seasonal employer. You can also assign another person as a designee to discuss this form with the IRS. If any of the displayed options apply to you, leave them as such and continue filing.
- The summary of your Form 941 will be displayed, and the form will be audited.
- Sign the form using Online Signature PIN or Form 8453-EMP. By signing this form, you are authorizing TaxBandits to e-file your Form 941.
- Pay for our e-file services and transmit your Form 941 to the IRS.
Note: If your business is closed and you’ve selected the appropriate option, this particular return will be considered your final 941 return.
After you transmit the form, you will receive an instant notification from the IRS stating your return status. Thus, you can always keep track of your status through TaxBandits. Get started with TaxBandits today!