California ACA Form 1095-B/C
California State Filing
Select your State for ACA Reporting Requirements
California State ACA 1095 Filing Requirements
- Employers who provide “Minimum Essential coverage” to California residents are required to submit a return to the state, indicating that their employees (California residents) had qualified health insurance coverage throughout the year. They must also distribute copies to their employees.
The deadline to distribute copies of Form-1095 B/C
to employees is January 31, 2022
The deadline to submit Form 1095-B/C to the
State of California is March 31, 2022
Q. Does California mandate 1095 filing?
A. Yes, any employers who employ California residents must file the same information found in the 1094 and 1095-B/C federal forms to the state. Plus, they must distribute the copies to California residents so that they can complete their tax returns.
Q. What is the deadline to file Form ACA 1095-B/C with California?
A. You need to file Form 1095-B/C with California before the deadline to avoid unnecessary penalties. Form 1095-B/C due date is given below:
- The deadline to distribute copies of Form 1095-B/C to employees is January 31.
- The deadline to submit Form 1095-B/C to the State of California is March 31.
Q. What information is required for the electronic filing of Form 1095-B/C?
A. To file Forms 1095 &1094-B/C with the state, the employer must need the following:
- The name, address, and SSN/TIN of the covered individual.
- The name, address, EIN, and contact info of the plan provider.
- For self-insured group health plans: the name, address, EIN, and contact information of the plan sponsor.
- The applicable offer of coverage code for each recipient/employee, broken down by month.
- The recipient/employee's premium share of coverage, by month.
- Any applicable safe harbor relief code.
- The covered individual's spouse and dependent(s) information, when applicable (name, SSN or DOB, and months covered).
Q. Does TaxBandits support the filing of Form 1095-B/C of California state?
A. Yes, TaxBandits supports Form 1095-B/C's filing with the state of California and distributing employee copies.
Q. What is the penalty for filing the California Form 1095-B/C late?
A. By filing with the state, they can determine whether or not the employer offered Minimum Essential coverage to California residents. Employers who fail to submit Form 1095 & 1094 will be subject to a $50 penalty
Learn more about ACA Penalties.