What Information is Required to E-file Form 1099-K Online?
- 1. Filer Details: Name, EIN, and Address
- 2. Payee Details: Name, TIN, Address
- 3. Payment settlement entity (PSE) or Electronic Payment Facilitator (EPF) or Other third party Details
4. Payment Details
- i. Gross amount of payment card/third party network transactions
- ii. Card Not Present transactions
- iii. Merchant category code
- iv. Number of payment transactions
- v. Federal income tax withheld
- vi. Total reportable payment transactions for each month
Get Started with TaxBandits to e-file your Form 1099 K in minutes!
More than 100,000+ Businesses trust TaxBandits for these Amazing Features
Direct State Filing for 50 states
Quickly and easily efile your State 1099 Forms along with any State Recon/Transmittal Forms that you may need.
Postal Mail & Online Access
TaxBandits delivers your recipient copies by postal mail and through secure online access.
FIRE File Upload
Do you have the 1099 data in the FIRE file format? We e-file your Form 1099 and mail the copies to your recipient.
Make use of our bulk upload template and reduce the time taken in manually uploading your 1099 Form data.
Success Starts with TaxBandits
The Smart Choice of every 1099 Filers
Excellent Step by Step process and easy to go back and make edits....
- Luis Collazo
Very easy navigation going forward and backwards. I usually have trouble online with confusing instructions. Yours is very easy.
- Jay Polonsky
Easy and reasonably priced. Great customer service!
- Allen Cohen
I’m quite impressed, especially in comparison with other sites from the IRS list I reviewed as well. Well done. Thank you.
- Igor Mandryka
Very easy to find my way around, most help features are very good, customer service response has been exceptional for the price point.
- Jerry Morris
Work flow makes sense, navigation is easy, customer service is excellent with prompt call backs and thoughtful support.
- Michael Morris
Frequently Asked Questions
What is IRS Form 1099-K?
IRS Form 1099-K is used by the Payment Settlement Entities (PSEs) to report the settlement of reportable payment transactions made through payment card transactions or third-party network transactions for each calendar year.
The business or individual will receive Form 1099-K from each payment settlement entity used in the prior calendar year, if
- Payment received through payment card transaction (debit and credit card).
- In settlement of payments made through third-party network transactions (PayPal, Cash App, Venmo, and other third-party networks), with a minimum threshold as follows:
- For returns prior to the calendar year 2022, the minimum threshold was $20,000 with 200 transactions.
- For returns after the calendar year 2022, the minimum threshold for reporting is $600, regardless of the number of transactions.
Note: The transaction doesn’t include any personal payment such as payment made to families and friends.
When is the deadline to file Form 1099-K?
Form 1099-K must be furnished to the recipients by January 31 and e-filed with the IRS by March 31 each year. The 1099-K paper filing deadline is February 28, 2023.
Visit https://www.taxbandits.com/1099-forms/form-1099-k-due-date to know more about 1099-K Due dates.
What are the Boxes in Form 1099-K?
Form 1099-K comprised of 8 Boxes. You have to enter the required information in each box.
Boxes for Filer’s Information
1. Enter Filer’s information like Name, Address, City or Town, State, Postal Code, and Phone Number
2. Enter Filer’s TIN (EIN/SSN)
3. Filer Type (PSE or EPF)
4. Transactions reported (Payment Card or Third-party network)
Boxes for Payee Information
1. Enter Payee TIN
2. Enter Payee Name
3. Enter Payee Address
4. Enter Payee City, State, Country, and ZIP code
Boxes for Debt information
Box 1a: Gross Payment Card/Third Party Network Transactions
Box 1b: Card Not Present Transaction
Box 2: Merchant Category Code (MCC)
Box 3: Number of Payment Transactions
Box 4: Federal Income Tax Withheld
Box 5a to 5I: Total reportable payment transactions for each month
Box 6 to 8: State Information
Visit Want to know how to complete Form 1099-K? Here are the step by step Form 1099-K Instructions.
What is the difference between Form 1099 MISC or 1099 K?
If your business has paid $600 or more directly or through cash to any contractor, you must
file Form 1099-MISC.
If your business has received an online or digital payment of more than $600 using a third-party network transaction, regardless of the number of transactions during a calendar year, you will receive Form 1099-K from each payment settlement entity.
Helpful Resource for Form 1099-K
Form 1099-K Changes
The IRS has released the new changes to Form 1099-K for 2022 Tax Year, Payment card and Third party network transaction.
What is Form 1099-K?
Form 1099-K, Payment Card and Third Party Network Transactions, is an IRS information return used to report certain payment transactions.