New Jersey Form W-2 & NJ W-3M
when you e-file your Federal form with us
- No Annual Subscription
- No Reconciliation Charges
- No Hidden Charges
New Jersey State Filing
Select your State for W-2 Reporting Requirements
New Jersey Form W-2 filing deadline -
February 15, 2022
New Jersey Form NJ-W-3M filing deadline -
February 15, 2022
TaxBandits is here to help you with the Federal and State filing of Form W-2. Also TaxBandits supports filing of Division of Taxation Gross Income Tax Reconciliation of Tax Withheld
Q. Does New Jersey mandate W-2 filing ?
A. Yes, the state of New Jersey mandates the W-2 filing even if there is no state tax withholding.
Q. Does New Jersey require any additional forms to be submitted while filing W-2?
A. Yes. The State of New Jersey requires additional forms to be filed along with Form W2 while e-filing. You must include Form NJ-W-3M with your W-2s. Here at TaxBandits, we support the e-filing of W-2 and
Create a FREE account with TaxBandits to e-file your W-2 before the deadline.
Note: The state accepts only the e-filing of W-2. No paper copies should be submitted.
Q. What are the special fields required when filing a Form W-2 with New Jersey?
A. When e-filing Form W-2 for New Jersey, the state requires some special fields,
- Private Family Leave Insurance Plan Number (issued by the state)
- Family Leave Insurance Withheld
- Private Disability Plan Number (issued by the state)
- Disability Insurance Withheld
- Combined NJ unemployment insurance, Workforce Development Program and health Care Subsidy Withheld
- Was the employee an active participant (for any part of the year) in a retirement plan?
Q. What is the deadline to file W-2 with New Jersey?
A. The deadline to file Form W2 and Form NJ-W-3M is February 15.
Note: If the deadline falls on a weekend or federal holiday, the next business day is the deadline.
Q. Can I electronically file W-2 with New Jersey?
A. Yes, you can e-file W-2 forms with New Jersey. It is the only acceptable filing method by the state of New Jersey. Make sure to include your Form NJ-W-3M with your W-2 forms.
If you are looking for a certified e-file service provider, TaxBandits is here! We support both Federal and State filing of W-2s. You can Create a FREE account with TaxBandits and e-file W-2s before the deadline.
Note: When you E-file Form W-2 with TaxBandits, we will take care of the reconciliation Form NJ-W-3M.
Q. What are the W-2 penalties for New Jersey?
A. The state of New Jersey may impose penalties and interests for the below:
Late filing of W-2
- If you file W-2 late, you will be charged a penalty of $100.00 per month.
Late payment of state withheld taxes
- If you pay your taxes late, you will be charged 5% of your tax due as a penalty.
Underpayment of state taxes
- You may be charged $5% of your unpaid taxes each month you delay. However, it will not go above 25% of your tax liability.
- 6.25% of your unpaid taxes will be charged each month you delay from the original deadline.
Learn more about Form W-2 penalties.
Q. Can I file W-2c with the State of New Jersey?
A. Yes, you can file a correction form W-2c to rectify the errors in your previously filed W-2s. As of now, the state accepts only the e-filing of W-2c. While e-filing W-2c, the amended Form NJ-W-3M should be accompanied.
Q. Where do I mail W-2 forms when filing with the State of New Jersey?
A. The State of New Jersey only accepts the electronic filing of W-2s.
If you’re looking for an IRS-certified e-file provider, check out TaxBandits! We support the e-filing of W-2 with the SSA and states. Why wait? Create a FREE account with TaxBandits to e-file your W-2 before the deadline.