Nebraska Form W-2 & W-3N Filing Requirements

  • No Annual Subscription
  • No Recon Charges
  • No Hidden Charges

Nebraska State Filing

Nebraska Requires

  • Form W-2 - Wage and Tax Statements
  • Form W-3N - Reconciliation of Income Tax Withheld
  • Deadline to File Form W-2 with Nebraska - January 31, 2020
  • Deadline to File Form W-3N with Nebraska - January 31, 2020

TaxBandits supports the filing of Form W-2 with both the Federal and State of Nebraska.

Q. Does Nebraska mandate W2 filing?

A. Yes. The Nebraska Department of Revenue requires W2 filing even if there is no state withholding.

Q. Does Nebraska have any additional requirements when filing W2 forms?

A. Yes. You are required to file Form W-3N as part of your w2 filing.

Q. What information do I need to report on Form W-3N?

A. Form W-3N is an annual reconciliation used to report the wages, and taxes withheld from the employee paychecks.

Q. What are the due dates to electronically file Form W-2 & Form W-3N to the state of Nebraska?

A. The filing due date for both Form W-2 & W-3N is January 31st.

Q. What are the requirements for electronic filing?

A. The state of Nebraska accepts both e-filing and paper filing. However, if you are submitting more than 50 or more W-2s, it is recommended that you e-file.

Q. Does TaxBandits support filing of Form W-2 & Nebraska State Form W-3N?

A. TaxBandits supports the filing of Form W-2 for Nebraska but does not support the filing of Nebraska Annual Reconciliation Form W-3N.

Q. What is the penalty for filing Nebraska W-2s and W-3Ns late?

A. Any employer who fails to file any income tax withholding return by the required due date is subject to a penalty of 5% of the amount required to be shown on the return for each month or portion of a month the return is late, up to 25% or $25, whichever is greater. Learn more about Form W-2 penalties by visiting

Q. Where do I mail the W-2 Form for Nebraska?

Success Starts with TaxBandits

The Smart Business Owners Choice