District of Columbia State Filing
Select your State for 1099 Reporting Requirements
District of Columbia 1099 Filing Requirements
- The District of Columbia Department of Revenue requires filing 1099 forms, including 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-B, 1099-G, 1099-K, 1099-OID, and W-2G.
Deadline to file
Form 1099 is
TaxBandits supports the filing of Form 1099 with both the Federal and State of Columbia.
Q. What are the 1099 filing requirements for the state of the District of Columbia?
A. The District of Columbia mandates filing 1099 if a payment other than wages or salaries is made to a DC resident individual in any calendar year.
Q. What types of 1099 forms need to be filed with the District of Columbia?
A. The District of Columbia requires the filing of the following 1099 forms even if there was no state tax withholding.
Q. Does the District of Columbia require the filing of Form 1099-NEC?
A. Yes. The State of the District of Columbia requires Form 1099-NEC to be filed if non-employee compensation is made to the DC resident in any calendar year.
Q. Does the District of Columbia require any additional forms to be submitted when filing 1099 forms?
A. Yes! The District of Columbia requires additional forms to be filed with Forms 1099 based on the filing method.
- If you file 1099s electronically, you are not required to complete any additional forms. TaxBandits is a one-stop solution for e-filing your 1099 with the IRS and the District of Columbia. We are here to make e-filing a hassle-free process.
- If you paper file, you must send Form WT & 1096 along with Form 1099.
Q. When is Columbia 1099 due?
A. The deadline to file 1099 with the District of Columbia is January 31.
Note: If the deadline falls on a weekend or federal holiday, the next business day is the deadline.
Q. Can I e-file 1099 forms with the District of Columbia?
A. Yes, you can e-file 1099 forms based on your convenience. However, it is mandatory to e-file 1099s if the number of forms being submitted
Want to file your 1099s in just a few steps? Sign up with TaxBandits, an IRS certified e-file provider. You can e-file your 1099s with both the
IRS and state.
Q. What are the 1099 penalties from the District of Columbia?
A. The District of Columbia expects every payer to stay compliant by filing 1099s per the requirements. The failure to file 1099s and late payment of taxes will result in penalties.
Filing 1099 late
- You will be penalized 5% of the unpaid taxes per month until you submit your 1099s. The penalties do not exceed 25% of the taxes.
Paying the state taxes late
- You will be penalized 5% of the unpaid taxes per month until you submit your 1099s. The penalties do not exceed 25% of the taxes. Interest will be applicable at the rate of 10% per year, compounded daily.
Underpaying the taxes
- You will be penalized 20% of the unpaid taxes.
To avoid penalties, be sure to file your 1099s and pay the taxes on time.
Learn more about Form 1099 penalties.
Q. Where do I mail 1099 forms when filing with the District of Columbia?
A. The state only accepts paper submissions when you file 24 or fewer 1099s. When filing 25 or more 1099s, you must electronically file them.
Whether you file 50 or 5000 forms, e-filing is more convenient and has more perks than paper filing. E-filing is cost-effective and the state will process your 1099s at a faster rate. TaxBandits, an IRS-authorized e-file provider, is here to assist you. We support the filing of all 1099s and offer manual and bulk upload features. You can import 1099 details directly from your XERO and QuickBooks accounts for easy e-filing. We also distribute 1099 form copies to payees/recipients via postal mail if needed.
If you still want to paper file, mail your Form 1099s along with Form WT & 1096 to the following address.
Get started with TaxBandits today and stay compliant with the State of District of Columbia! Start Filing Now