District of Columbia 1099
when you e-file your Federal form with us
- No Annual Subscription
- No Reconciliation Charges
- No Hidden Charges
District of Columbia State Filing
Select your State for 1099 Reporting Requirements
District of Columbia State Filing Requirements
- For the tax year 2020, the District of Columbia Department of Revenue requires the filing of 1099 forms, including 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, 1099-R, 1099-G, & 1099-K
The District of Columbia Form 1099 filing deadline is
January 31, 2021
TaxBandits supports the filing of Form 1099 with the IRS and the District of Columbia.
Get started today!
Q. Does the District of Columbia mandate 1099 filing for 2020?
A. Yes, the District of Columbia requires the filing of the 1099 Forms only if there was a state tax withholding.
Q. What types of 1099 forms need to be filed with the District of Columbia?
A. The District of Columbia requires the filing of the following 1099 forms if there was a state tax withholding.
Q. Does District of Columbia require the filing of Form 1099-NEC?
A. Yes. The State of District of Columbia requires Form 1099-NEC to be filed even if there was no state tax withholding.
Q. Does the District of Columbia require any additional forms to be submitted when filing 1099 forms?
A. Yes! The District of Columbia requires additional forms to be filed with Forms 1099 based on the filing method.
- If you file 1099s electronically, you are not required to complete any additional forms. TaxBandits is a one-stop solution for e-filing your 1099 with the IRS and the District of Columbia. We are here to make e-filing a hassle-free process. Just create a FREE account with TaxBandits and e-file your 1099s in just a few clicks.
- If you paper file, you must send Form WT & 1096 along with Form 1099.
Q. What is the deadline to file 1099 with the District of Columbia?
A. The deadline to file 1099 with the District of Columbia is January 31.
Note: If the deadline falls on a weekend or federal holiday, the next business day is the deadline.
Q. Can I e-file 1099 forms with the District of Columbia?
A. Yes, you can e-file 1099 forms based on your convenience. However, it is mandatory to e-file 1099s if the number of forms being submitted exceeds 25.
Want to file your 1099s in just a few steps? Sign up with TaxBandits, an IRS certified e-file provider. You can e-file your 1099s with both the IRS and state.
Why wait? Create a FREE account with TaxBandits and stay compliant with the District of Columbia.
Q. What are the 1099 penalties from the District of Columbia?
A. The District of Columbia expects every payer to stay compliant by filing 1099s per the requirements. The failure to file 1099s and late payment of taxes will result in penalties.
1099 penalties - 2020
Filing 1099 late
- You will be penalized 5% of the unpaid taxes per month until you submit your 1099s. The penalties do not exceed 25% of the taxes.
Paying the state taxes late
- You will be penalized 5% of the unpaid taxes per month until you submit your 1099s. The penalties do not exceed 25% of the taxes. Interest will be applicable at the rate of 10% per year, compounded daily.
Underpaying the taxes
- You will be penalized 20% of the unpaid taxes.
To avoid penalties, be sure to file your 1099s and pay the taxes on time.
Q. Where do I mail 1099 forms when filing with the District of Columbia?
A. The state only accepts paper submissions when you file 24 or fewer 1099s. When filing 25 or more 1099s, you must electronically file them.
Whether you file 50 or 5000 forms, e-filing is more convenient and has more perks than paper filing. E-filing is cost-effective and the state will process your 1099s at a faster rate. TaxBandits, an IRS-authorized e-file provider, is here to assist you. We support the filing of all 1099s and offer manual and bulk upload features. You can import 1099 details directly from your XERO and QuickBooks accounts for easy e-filing. We also distribute 1099 form copies to payees/recipients via postal mail if needed.
If you still want to paper file, mail your Form 1099s along with Form WT & 1096 to the following address.
Get started with TaxBandits today and stay compliant with the State of District of Columbia! Start Filing Now