Alabama 1099 Reporting Requirements
- No Annual Subscription
- No Recon Charges
- No Hidden Charges
- Form 1099 (1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-B, 1099-S)
- Form A-3 - Annual Reconciliation of Alabama Income Tax Withheld
Deadline to File Form 1099
- With Alabama income tax withheld (Form A-3) - January 31, 2020
- Without tax withheld - March 15, 2020
TaxBandits supports the filing of Form 1099 with both the Federal and State of Alabama.
Q. Does Alabama mandate 1099 filing?
A. Yes, the Alabama Department of Revenue mandates the filing of the 1099 Forms even if there is no state tax withholding.
Q. What types of 1099 forms does Alabama require?
A. Alabama requires the filing of the following 1099 forms even if there is no state tax withholding.
Q. Does Alabama have any additional requirements when you file 1099 forms?
A. Yes. The state of Alabama requires additional forms to file along with Form 1099.
- If you paper file, you must send form 1096 along with form 1099. If you electronically file, there is no need to send form 1096.
- Alabama also has additional form A-3 (Reconciliation) to be sent if there is a state tax withheld.
Q. What is Form A-3?
A. Form A-3 is an Annual Reconciliation used to report the total income taxes withheld from employees/contractors and taxes remitted to the state. Also, it is used to claim an overpayment refund or pay if the taxes are underpaid.
Q. What is the due date to file 1099 with Alabama?
A. The due date to file 1099 with Alabama is based on the income taxes withheld.
- If taxes are withheld, Form 1099 and Form A-3 is due by January 31.
- If there are no taxes withheld, Form 1099 is due by March 15.
Q. What are the requirements to file 1099 electronically with Alabama?
A. The State of Alabama mandates filing electronically if you are submitting 25 or more 1099s. However, if you have paid your taxes electronically during the year, you are required to file 1099 electronically.
Q. What are the penalties for not filing or filing 1099 late with Alabama?
A. A penalty of $50 will be imposed for each form 1099 not filed on time with the state of Alabama.
Q. Where do I mail Alabama 1099 forms?
A. The mailing address of Alabama will vary based on your reporting.
For more information, please visit the State website:https://revenue.alabama.gov/audience/businesses/