New Jersey State Filing
Select your State for 1099 Reporting Requirements
New Jersey 1099 State Filing Requirements
- The New Jersey Department of Revenue mandates the filing of 1099 forms, including 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-B, 1099-G, 1099-K, 1099-OID, and W-2G.
- The State of New Jersey also mandates the filing of Form NJ-W-3M, Division of Taxation Gross Income Tax Reconciliation of Tax Withheld.
Deadline to file Form 1099 and Form NJ W-3M isFebruary 15, 2023.
TaxBandits supports filing Form 1099 with both the Federal and State of New Jersey.
Q. What are the 1099 filing requirements for the state of New Jersey?
A. The State of New Jersey requires filing Form 1099 if any payment of $1000 or more is made to the recipient in a calendar year or if any New Jersey income tax was withheld.
Q. What types of 1099 forms need to be filed with the State of New Jersey?
A. New Jersey requires the filing of the following 1099 forms.
Q. Does New Jersey require any additional forms to be submitted when filing 1099 forms?
A. Yes! New Jersey requires additional forms to be submitted when you file 1099 forms electronically. You must include Form NJ-W-3M with your 1099s. Here, at TaxBandits, we support the e-filing of 1099.
Note: When you e-file 1099s using TaxBandits, you should take care of your Reconciliation Form NJ-W-3M.
Q. When is New Jersey 1099 due?
A. The deadline to file 1099 forms and NJ W-3M with New Jersey is February 15.
Note: If the deadline falls on a weekend or federal holiday, the next business day is the deadline.
Q. Can I e-file 1099 forms with New Jersey?
A. Yes, you can e-file 1099 forms with New Jersey. In fact, it is the only filing method accepted by the state of New Jersey. Make sure to include your Form NJ-W-3M with your 1099 forms.
TaxBandits is here to help you with the e-filing of 1099. We support all 1099s with the state of New Jersey. Plus, we distribute 1099 form copies to recipients/payees via postal mail.
Late filing of Form 1099
- If you e-file 1099 late, you may be charged $100.00 per month as a penalty.
Late payment of state taxes
- If you pay taxes late, you may be charged 5% of your tax due.
Underpayment of state taxes
- You may be charged 5% of your unpaid taxes each month you delay. It will not exceed 25% of your tax liability.
- Each month, you will be charged 6.25% of your unpaid taxes from the original due date.
Q. Where do I mail 1099 forms when filing with the State of New Jersey?
A. You should not mail 1099 form copies to the state as it accepts only electronic filing.
Looking for an e-file service provider? TaxBandits, an IRS-Authorized e-file service provider, supports the e-filing of 1099s. We support both manual entering and bulk uploading. You can also import 1099 details directly from your XERO and QuickBooks accounts for easy e-filing. Plus, we distribute 1099 form copies to payees/recipients via postal mail if needed.
Get started with TaxBandits today and stay compliant with the State of New Jersey! Start Filing Now