Arkansas State Filing
Select your State for W-2 Reporting Requirements
Arkansas W-2 State Filing Requirements
- The Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, should be filed with the State of Arkansas for 2022 Tax Year.
- The State of Arkansas also mandates the filing of Form AR3MAR, Employer’s Annual Reconciliation of Income Tax Withheld, for 2022.
Deadline to file Form W-2 isJanuary 31, 2023.
Deadline to file Form AR3MAR isFebruary 28, 2023.
TaxBandits is here to help you with both Federal and State filing of Form W-2.
Q. Does Arkansas require W-2 filing for 2022?
A. Yes! For the State of Arkansas has mandated the filing of Form W-2, provided that there
is a state withholding.
Q. Does Arkansas require any additional forms to be submitted while filing W-2?
A. Yes! When you file W-2 with Arkansas, you must attach the transmittal and reconciliation forms based on the mode of filing.
Paper filing - If you file W-2 by paper, you must attach ARW-3 with it. Form AR3MAR should be submitted on or before February 28.
E-filing - If you e-file W-2, no need to send ARW-3 with it. However, Form AR3MAR should be transmitted on or before February 28.
Note: When you E-File Form W2 Online with TaxBandits, you need to take care of the reconciliation
Q. What is the deadline to file W-2 with Arkansas?
A. The deadline to file Form W-2 with Arkansas is January 31. Form AR3MAR should be filed on or
before February 28.
Note: If the due date falls on a weekend or federal holiday, the next week day is the deadline.
Q. Can I electronically file W-2 with Arkansas?
A. Yes! You can e-file Form W-2 with Arkansas regardless of the number of forms being filed. However, when submitting 250 or more W-2s, it is mandatory to submit them electronically. E-filing is the best option when it comes to your submitted tax returns. The SSA also encourages every filer to e-file their tax forms
for quick processing.
If you prefer e-filing your W-2s, TaxBandits is here to help you complete your e-filing with Arkansas.
Q. What are the penalties for late filing of W-2 with Arkansas?
A. The State of Arkansas will charge a penalty for both late filing of W-2 and failure to furnish copies to employees.
The Penalty for filing W-2 late
- As an employer, if you fail to file W-2 on time, you will be charged $25.00 as a penalty.
The penalty for not paying the tax
- If you fail to pay the tax amount to the state, you will be fined as follows:
- Five percent of your tax amount will be added to the unpaid amount. An additional penalty of 5% will be charged every month until you pay the tax. However, this penalty will never exceed 35% of your unpaid tax.
Interest for not paying the tax amount
- If you have filed the form but failed to pay the taxes, you will be charged 10% of your unpaid tax as a penalty per annum.
The Penalty for failure to furnish W-2 copies
- If you fail to furnish a copy of W-2 to the employee, you will be penalized as follows:
- Will be charged not less than $25.00 nor more than $250.00.
- Imprisonment for not less than 10 days nor more than 90 days.
If you're an employer and want to avoid penalties, you should complete the filing of W-2 with Arkansas on or before the deadline.
Learn more about Form W-2 penalties.
Q. Can I file W-2c with the State of Arkansas?
A. Yes, you can file W-2c with the State of Arkansas to correct the previously filed W-2 forms. You can submit this by paper filing or electronic filing. If you want to paper file W-2c with Arkansas, you should submit the corrected ARW-3 as well.
As of now, TaxBandits is not supporting e-filing of W-2c with the State of Arkansas. However, we support W-2c with the SSA. Using TaxBandits, you can complete the W-2c with the Federal. Then, download a copy of W-2c, attach the corrected ARW-3, and mail them to the State of Arkansas. The mailing address to
send W-2c is as follows:
Note: Make sure you send the corrected W-2 and ARW-3 as soon as you discover the errors.
Q. Where do I mail W-2 forms when filing with the State of Arkansas?
A. When you paper file W-2 forms with Arkansas, you should mail a copy of W-2 with ARW-3 and AR3MAR on or before the deadline. However, e-filing is the best and easiest way to submit W-2s, this method allows you to track the status of your return.
If you still decide to paper file, send your forms to the following address:
If you prefer electronic filing, TaxBandits is here. We support filing of W-2 with Arkansas, and we distribute employee copies through postal mail if needed.
Get started with TaxBandits today and stay compliant with the State of Arkansas! Start Filing Now