Montana 1099 & MW-3
when you e-file your Federal form with us
- No Annual Subscription
- No Reconciliation Charges
- No Hidden Charges
Montana State Filing
Select your State for 1099 Reporting Requirements
Montana State Filing Requirements
- For tax year 2020, the Montana Department of Revenue mandates the filing of 1099 forms, including 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, 1099-R, 1099-S, 1099-G, 1099-K, 1099-C, & 1099- PATR
- The State of Montana also mandates the filing of Form MW-3, Montana Annual W-2 1099 Withholding Tax Reconciliation, for 2020.
Montana Form 1099 Filing Deadline -
January 31, 2021
Montana Form MW-3 filing deadline -
January 31, 2021
TaxBandits supports the filing of Form 1099 with the IRS and the State of Montana.
Q. Does Montana mandate 1099 filing?
A. Yes, the Montana Department of Revenue mandates the filing of the 1099 Forms only if there are
state tax withholdings.
Q. What types of 1099 forms need to be filed with the State of Montana?
A. Montana requires the filing of the following 1099 forms only if there is a state tax withholding.
Q. Does Montana require the filing of Form 1099-NEC?
A. Yes. The State of Montana requires Form 1099-NEC to be filed only if there is state withholding.
Q. Does Montana require any additional forms to be submitted when filing 1099 forms?
A. Yes, the State of Montana requires additional forms to be submitted with 1099 regardless of the filing method. Whether you e-file or paper file your 1099, you should attach Form MW-3.
Looking for an IRS-authorized e-file service provider? TaxBandits is here. We support the e-filing of 1099s and Form MW-3. Create a FREE account with TaxBandits and e-file your 1099 in just a few minutes.
Q. What is the deadline to file 1099 with Montana?
A. The deadline to file 1099s with the state of Montana is January 31, 2021.
Note:If the deadline falls on a weekend or federal holiday, the next business day is the deadline.
Q. Can I e-file 1099 forms with Montana?
A. Yes, the state supports the e-filing of 1099, e-filing is actually required when you file 250 or more forms.
If you’re looking for an e-file service provider, check out TaxBandits. We support all the 1099s you may need to file with Montana. Create a FREE account with TaxBandits and complete your 1099.
Q. What are the 1099 penalties for Montana?
A. Montana charges a penalty for the following:
- Late filing of 1099
- Not paying the withheld taxes on time
Late filing of 1099
- If you fail to file 1099 by the deadline, the penalties will be applicable as below:
- Minimum of $50, or
- 5% of your unpaid taxes per month
- Maximum of 25% of your unpaid taxes
Not paying the withheld taxes on time
- If you fail to pay the full taxes by the deadline, you will be charged as below:
- 0.5% per month, up to 12% of the unpaid taxes, or
- 1.5% per month, up to 15% of the unpaid taxes
- If you have made an underpayment, you will be charged 20% of your unpaid taxes as a penalty.
Q. Where do I mail 1099 forms when filing with the State of Montana?
A. You are allowed to mail the 1099 form copies only when you file less than 250 forms. It is mandatory to e-file 1099s if you file 250 or more.
To help you with the e-filing of 1099, TaxBandits is here. We support both manual entry and bulk uploading of your form details. You can also import 1099 details directly from your XERO and QuickBooks accounts for easy e-filing. Plus, we distribute 1099 form copies to payees/recipients via postal mail if needed.
If you wish to paper file 1099, you must attach MW-3 and send it to the address below:
Get started with TaxBandits today and stay compliant with the State of Montana! Start Filing Now