District of Columbia ACA Form 1095-B/C Reporting Requirements
District of Columbia State Filing
Select your State for ACA Reporting Requirements
District of Columbia State 1095 Filing Requirements
- The DC law requires that every employer who provides “Minimum Essential Coverage” to at least one D.C. resident during a calendar year must annually submit their ACA reporting to the D.C. Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR).
The deadline to distribute copies of Form 1095-B/C to employees is March 02, 2023
The deadline to submit Form 1095-B/C to the District of Columbia is April 30, 2023
Q. Does the District of Columbia mandate 1095-B/C filing?
A. Yes, any business operating in or out of the District of Columbia must file the same information from the federal Forms 1094 and 1095-B/C to the D.C office of Tax and Revenue. Please be informed that the state does not support paper filings, so you need to complete your state filing online.
TaxBandits offers state e-filing of Forms 1094 and 1095-B/C. Therefore, you can e-file your forms through TaxBandits at affordable rates. Get Started now!
Q. What is the deadline to file Form ACA 1095-B/C with the District of Columbia?
A. You need to file Form 1095-B/C with the District of Columbia before the due date to avoid unnecessary penalties. The Form 1095-B/C deadlines are given below:
- The deadline to distribute copies of 1095-B/C to employees is March 02.
- The deadline to submit 1095-B/C forms to the State of District of Columbia is April 30.
Note: The paper filing of Form 1095-B/C with the D.C. Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) is not permitted. Therefore, you should file Form 1095-B/C online.
Q. What information is required for the electronic filing of Form 1095-B/C?
- The name, address, and SSN/TIN of the covered individual.
- The name, address, EIN, and contact info of the plan provider.
- For self-insured group health plans: the name, address, EIN, and contact information of the plan sponsor.
- The applicable offer of coverage code for each recipient/employee, broken down by month.
- The recipient/employee's premium share of coverage, by month.
- Any applicable safe harbor relief code.
- The covered individual's spouse and dependent(s) information, when applicable (name, SSN or DOB, and months covered).
Q. Does TaxBandits support the filing of Form 1095-B/C with the District of Columbia?
A. Yes, TaxBandits supports Form 1095-B/C's filing with the District of Columbia state agency and distributes employee copies.
Q. What are the penalties for filing Form 1095-B/C late with the District of Columbia?
A. As of now, it is unclear whether there are any employer penalties for failure to fulfill the filing obligations. Once the IRS establishes this information, we will provide an update accordingly.
Visit https://www.taxbandits.com/aca-forms/aca-form-1095-penalties/ to know more about ACA Penalties.