New Jersey ACA Form 1095-B/C Filing Requirements
New Jersey State Filing
Select your State for ACA Reporting Requirements
New Jersey State 1095 Filing Requirements
- Minimum essential coverage (MEC) under the mandate has the same definition as that under the Affordable Care Act, which requires each New Jersey resident to maintain coverage that includes ten categories of essential health benefits and services to avoid facing a penalty.
The deadline to distribute copies of Form 1095-B/C to employees is March 02, 2022
The deadline to submit Form 1095-B/C to the State of New Jersey is March 31, 2022
Q. Does New Jersey mandate 1095 filing?
A. Yes, employers who provide a “Minimum Essential coverage” to New Jersey residents during a calendar year must annually submit their ACA reporting (coverage information) to the state through MFT Secure.
These employers must also distribute copies of their ACA reporting forms to both part-year and full-year New Jersey residents who are primary enrollees on their plans.
A part-year resident is a primary enrollee who lived in New Jersey for at least 15 days in a month.
Q. What is the due date to file Form ACA 1095-B/C with New Jersey?
A. You need to file Form 1095-B/C before the due date to avoid unnecessary penalties. Form 1095-B/C due date is given below:
- The deadline to distribute copies of Form 1095-B/C to employees is March 02.
- The deadline to submit Form 1095-B/C to the State of New Jersey is March 31.
Q. What information is required for the electronic filing of Form 1095-B/C?
A. To file Forms 1095 &1094-B/C with the state and distribute the copies to the residents of New Jersey, the employer must need the following:
- Name, address, and SSN/TIN of the covered individual.
- Name, address, EIN, and contact info of the plan provider.
- For self-insured group health plans, the name, address, EIN, and contact information of the plan sponsor.
- The offer of coverage code for each recipient/employee, broken down by month.
- The recipient/employee’s premium share of coverage, by month.
- Any safe harbor relief codes that are applicable.
- The covered individual's spouse and dependent(s) information, if applicable (name, SSN or DOB, and months covered).
Q. Does TaxBandits support the filing of Form 1095-B/C of New Jersey state?
A. Yes, TaxBandits supports Form 1095-B/C's filing with New Jersey state and distributes employee copies.
Q. What is the penalty for filing the New Jersey Form 1095-B/C late?
A. As of the publication of this article, it is unclear whether there are any employer penalties for failure to fulfill these obligations. Once the IRS establishes this information, we will provide an update accordingly.
Learn more about ACA Form 1095 penalties.