New Jersey State Filing
Select your State for ACA Reporting Requirements
New Jersey State ACA 1095 Filing Requirements
- Form 1095-B or 1095-C
Recipient Copy Distribution
Deadline to distribute Form 1095-B/CCopies isMarch 02, 2023.
Filing with New Jersey
Deadline to submit
Form 1095-B/C is
TaxBandits supports Form 1094/1095 filing with both the Federal and the State of New Jersey
Q. Does New Jersey require 1095 filing?
A. Yes! The State of New Jersey requires employers and health coverage providers who offer Minimum Essential Coverage for any New Jersey residents to file a 1095 form and report that information.They should also distribute the form copies to the corresponding recipients.
Q. What types of 1095 Forms does New Jersey require?
A. The State of New Jersey requires the filing of the following 1095 forms:
- Form 1095-B (fully completed)
- Form 1095-C (fully completed or with Parts I and III completed)
- Form NJ - 1095
Q. What are the New Jersey Form 1095-B filing requirements?
A. Here are the filing requirements for ACA Form 1095-B with the State of New Jersey:
- The health coverage providers or a plan sponsor (e.g., board of trustees) who offer fully-insured health coverage to any individuals should file Form 1095-B to report that information.
Q. What are the New Jersey Form 1095-C filing requirements?
A. Here are the filing requirements for ACA Form 1095-C with the State of New Jersey:
- Applicable Large Employers (employers with 50 or more employees) that offer Self-insured health coverage to the employees or nonemployees should file Form 1095-C to report that information.
- The State of New Jersey accepts only the fully completed 1095-C forms or with parts I and III completed.
Note: 1095-C forms with only Parts I and II completed will not be accepted.
Q. Does New Jersey require the filing of 1094 transmittal forms?
A. No! The State of New Jersey does not require the coverage providers to send the transmittal Form 1094-B or 1094-C. However, the state will accept the 1094 forms if they are sent as part of a larger file that includes 1095 forms.
Q. When is New Jersey 1095 due?
A. Here are the deadlines to file and furnish 1095 forms:
- The deadline to file 1095 forms to the New Jersey Division of Taxation is March 31.
- The deadline to distribute the form copies to the corresponding recipient is March 2.
Q. Can I paper file ACA forms with the State of New Jersey?
A. No! The State of New Jersey does not accept the paper filing of ACA forms.
The employers and health coverage providers can only e-file ACA forms with the State of New Jersey.