Missouri State Filing
Select your State for 1099 Reporting Requirements
Missouri 1099 State Filing Requirements
- The State of Missouri mandates the filing of 1099 forms, including 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-B, 1099-G, 1099-K, 1099-OID, and W-2G.
- The State of Missouri also mandates the filing of Form MO W-3, Transmittal of Tax Statements.
Deadline to file Form 1099 and
Form MO W-3 is
TaxBandits supports filing Form 1099 with both the Federal and State of Missouri.
Q. What are the 1099 filing requirements for the state of Missouri?
A. The state of Missouri only mandates the filing of 1099 forms when you have state tax withheld.
- Required if payments of income are $1200 or more sourced from Missouri, except the wages that are subjected to withholding and reported Income received for an S corporation or partnership.
Q. What types of 1099 forms need to be filed with the State
A. You must submit all the 1099 forms to the state that you file with the IRS if they reflect Missouri taxes.
Q. Does Missouri require the filing of Form 1099-NEC?
A. Yes. The State of Missouri requires Form 1099-NEC to be filed only if payments of the income of $1200 or more are made to the payee except
- Wages from which taxes were withheld; and,
- Reported Income received from S corporation or partnership.
Q. Does Missouri require any additional forms to be submitted when filing 1099 forms?
A. Yes, the State of Missouri requires additional forms to be submitted with 1099 based on the type of filing method.
When you e-file, you only have to submit Form MO W-3, Transmittal of Tax Statements. To help you complete the e-filing of 1099,
TaxBandits is here.
- If you prefer paper filing, you must include Form 1096 and Form MO W-3 with your 1099s.
Note: When you e-file 1099s using TaxBandits, you should take care of your Transmittal Form MO W-3.
Q. When is Missouri 1099 due?
A. The deadline to file 1099s with Missouri is February 28. If you fail to file on time, the state of Missouri will impose penalties.
Note: If the deadline falls on a weekend or federal holiday, the next business day is the deadline.
Q. Can I e-file 1099 forms with Missouri?
A. Yes! You can e-file 1099 forms with the state of Missouri. Generally, e-filing is the best and convenient option when you file multiple 1099s. If you prefer e-filing, TaxBandits is here to help you with that. We support all 1099s with the state of Missouri. Plus, we distribute 1099 form copies to payees via postal mail or if needed.
Q. What are the 1099 penalties for Missouri?
A. Failure to file 1099 or pay taxes on time with the state of Missouri will result
- Penalties for filing 1099 late - $2 per return with the maximum penalty of $1000.
- Penalties for not paying the state withholding tax - $2 per return with the maximum penalty of $1000.
Learn more about Form 1099 penalties.
Q. Where do I mail 1099 forms when filing with the State of Missouri?
You can send the paper copies of 1099 to the state. However, e-filing is the best, most convenient option when filing multiple 1099s. If you prefer e-filing, TaxBandits is here to help you. We support all 1099s with the state of Missouri. Plus, we distribute 1099 form copies to payees via
If you want to paper file 1099, send it to the following address with 1096 and Form MO W-3.
Mail your Form 1099s to the following address.
Get started with TaxBandits today and stay compliant with the State of Missouri! Start Filing Now