Massachusetts Form MA 1099-HC
Massachusetts State Filing
Select your State for ACA Reporting Requirements
Massachusetts State 1099-HC Filing Requirements
- Form MA 1099-HC - Individual Mandate Massachusetts Health Care Coverage
The deadline to distribute copies of Form MA 1099-HC to employees is January 31, 2023
The deadline to submit Form MA 1099-HC to the State of Massachusetts is March 31, 2023
Q. Does Massachusetts mandate 1095 filing?
A. No, the state of Massachusetts does not require you to file IRS Form 1095. However, it is mandatory to file Form MA 1099-HC with the state of Massachusetts.
Q. What is Form MA 1099-HC?
A. Form MA 1099-HC is a Massachusetts tax document that provides proof of health insurance coverage of Massachusetts residents. Every Commonwealth of Massachusetts resident who has health insurance will receive a 1099-HC form.
Q. What is the due date to file 2022 Form MA 1099-HC with the State of Massachusetts?
A. You need to file Form MA 1099-HC before the due date to avoid unnecessary penalties. Form MA 1099-HC due date is given below:
- The deadline to distribute copies of MA 1099-HC to employees is January 31
- The deadline to e-file MA 1099-HC forms to the State of Massachusetts is March 31
Note: Paper filing of Form MA 1099-HC information with the Department of Revenue is not permitted.
You can e-file your Form MA 1099-HC through TaxBandits and stay away from penalties. Get Started Now
Q. What information is required for the electronic filing of Form MA 1099-HC?
A. To file Form MA 1099-HC with the State of Massachusetts (MA), the employer should have the following information.
- The name, FID (Federal Tax ID) of the responsible insurance company or administrator.
- Information on the primary subscriber, including Name, Subscriber number, Date of Birth (DOB), and address.
The coverage period when the minimum creditable coverage was offered to the subscriber and their dependents.
- If the employee was covered for all 12 months of the year, the box indicating the same must be checked.
- If the employee was not covered for all 12 months of the year, the box against the months the minimum creditable coverage was offered must be checked.
Q. Does TaxBandits support the filing of Form MA 1099-HC of Massachusetts state?
A. Yes, TaxBandits supports the filing of Form MA 1099-HC with Massachusetts and distributes employee copies.
Create a free account with TaxBandits now and complete your state filings before the deadline.
Q. What is the penalty for filing Massachusetts Form MA 1099-HC late?
A. Form MA 1099-HC is a tax document required for submission by employers to the Department of Revenue (DOR) by law and regulation. Employers who fail to submit MA 1099-HC forms will be subject to a $50 penalty per individual, which can reach a maximum of $50,000.
Click here to learn more about ACA penalties.