Rhode Island Individual Mandates
ACA Filing Requirements
Rhode Island State Filing
Select your State for ACA Reporting Requirements
Rhode Island State Filing Requirements
- Employers who provide “Minimum Essential coverage” to Rhode Island residents are required to submit a return to the state, indicating that their employees (Rhode Island residents) had qualified health insurance coverage throughout the year. They must also distribute copies to their employees.
The deadline to distribute copies of Form 1095 B/C to employees is March 02, 2021
The deadline to submit Form 1095 B/C to the State of Rhode Island is March 31, 2021
Q. Does Rhode Island mandate 1095 filing?
A. Yes, any employers who employ Rhode Island residents must file the same information found in the 1094 and 1095-B/C federal forms to the state. They must also distribute the form copies to Rhode Island residents to complete their tax returns.
If you want to complete state filing of Forms 1094 and 1095, TaxBandits is here to help you. TaxBandits offers state e-filing of Form 1094 and 1095-B/C for your employees. Sign up to TaxBandits and get it done in a few minutes.
Q. What is the deadline to file Form ACA 1095-B/C with Rhode Island?
A. You need to file Form 1095-B/C with Rhode Island before the deadline to avoid unnecessary penalties. Form 1095-B/C due date is given below:
- The deadline to distribute copies of Form 1095 B/C to employees is March 02, 2021.
- The deadline to submit Form 1095 B/C to the State of Rhode Island is March 31, 2021.
To stay compliant with the IRS, sign up to TaxBandits and complete your state filing on time.
Q. What information is required for the electronic filing of Form 1095-B/C?
A. To file Forms 1095 &1094-B/C with the state, you must need the following:
- Name, address, and a TIN of the primary insured
- Name, TIN, SSN, or DOB of each individual acquiring coverage under the policy
- The dates or months for which the individual was covered under MEC throughout the calendar year
- Name, address, EIN, and contact info of the plan provider
- For self-insured group health plans, the name, address, EIN, and contact information of the plan sponsor
- The offer of coverage code for each recipient/employee, broken down by month
- The recipient/employee’s premium share of coverage, by month
- Any safe harbor relief codes that are applicable
Q. Does TaxBandits support the filing of Form 1095-B/C of Rhode Island state?
A. Yes, TaxBandits supports Form 1095-B/C's filing with the state of Rhode Island. We also distribute employee copies via postal mail.
Get started with TaxBandits now!
Q. What is the penalty for late filing of 1095-B/C with the State of Rhode Island?
A. As of now, it is not clearly mentioned whether there are any employer penalties for failure to file 1095-B/C with the State of Rhode Island. Once the IRS establishes this information, we will provide an update accordingly.