Pennsylvania State Filing
Select your State for 1099 Reporting Requirements
The Pennsylvania Form 1099 (NEC, MISC, R) Filing Deadline - January 31, 2023
The Pennsylvania Form REV-1667 Filing Deadline -
January 31, 2023
TaxBandits supports 1099 filing with both the IRS and the State of Pennsylvania.
Q. What are the 1099 filing requirements for the state of Pennsylvania?
A. All 1099 forms that you file with the IRS must also be filed with the state of Pennsylvania if there was a state tax withholding.
- Form 1099-NEC & Form 1099-MISC are required if the source of income (transaction) is made in Pennsylvania, regardless of residency status or tax being withheld.
- Form 1099-R is required if the recipient is a resident of Pennsylva
Q. What types of 1099 forms need to be filed with the State of Pennsylvania?
A. You must submit all the 1099 forms you file with the IRS to the State. The 1099 forms are listed below:
Q. Does Pennsylvania require the filing of Form 1099-NEC?
A. Yes. The State of Pennsylvania requires Form 1099-NEC to be filed Only if there was state withholding.
Q. Does Pennsylvania require any additional forms to be submitted when filing 1099 forms?
A. Yes! The State of Pennsylvania has an additional Form REV-1667 (Annual Withholding Reconciliation Statement) to be sent if a state tax is withheld to filed along with Form 1099.
Note: When you E-File Form 1099 with TaxBandits, we will take care of Reconciliation Form REV-1667.
Q. What is the deadline to file 1099 with Pennsylvania?
A. The deadline to file 1099s with Pennsylvania is January 31. If you fail to file on time, the State of Pennsylvania will impose penalties.
Note: If the due date falls on a weekend or federal holiday, the next weekday is the deadline.
Q. Can I e-file 1099 forms with Pennsylvania?
A. Yes! You can e-file 1099 forms with the State of Pennsylvania. We support 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, and 1099-R with the State of Pennsylvania. E-filing is the best option for hassle-free filing. If you prefer e-filing, TaxBandits is here to help you with that. You can distribute 1099 form copies to payees via postal mail or TaxBandits’ Online Access Portal if needed.
Ready to File Form 1099? Get Started with TaxBandits and E-file Form 1099 in minutes!
Q. What are the penalties for late filing of 1099s with Pennsylvania?
A. If any amount of taxes withheld from Pennsylvania's employee is not reported and fully disclosed on or before the due date, interest will be charged daily from the due date to the date at which payment is made.
Penalties for late filing Form 1099
- Failure to file quarterly return in the imposition of an addition to tax of 5% per month of the total return, i.e., a minimum of $5. The penalty may reach up to a maximum of 25% per return.
Penalties for late payment of taxes
- Failure to pay the tax withheld to the PA Department of Revenue on or before the due date for filing the quarterly reconciliation return will result in addition to tax of 5% per month of the underpayment for each month or fraction thereof (maximum 50%).
Interest for not paying taxes
- If you have willfully underpaid or not paid the taxes that are later proved to be the result of fraud, 50% of the underpayment will be added to the tax.
Q. Where do I mail 1099 forms when filing with the State of Pennsylvania?
A. If you want to file paper copies of 1099, you must attach a copy of Form 1096 and REV-1667, the Annual Withholding Reconciliation Statement, while sending it to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue.
Remember, e-filing is the most convenient way to file your tax returns with the IRS and state. You can e-file with TaxBandits; an IRS authorized e-filing service provider to track your returns from anywhere easily.
If you still want to file 1099 forms by paper, send the forms with a copy of 1096 and REV 1667 to the following mailing address:
Mail Form 1099s (NEC, MISC, R) with REV-1667 to:
Mail Form 1099s (NEC, MISC, R) showing zero withholding to
Get started with TaxBandits today and stay compliant with the State of Pennsylvania! Start Filing Now