Pennsylvania Form 1099 & REV-1667 Reporting Requirements
when you e-file your Federal form with us
- No Annual Subscription
- No Reconciliation Charges
- No Hidden Charges
Pennsylvania State Filing
Select your State for 1099 Reporting Requirements
Pennsylvania State Filing Requirements
- For the tax year 2020, the State of Pennsylvania mandates the filing of 1099 forms, including 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, 1099-R.
- The State of Pennsylvania also mandates the filing of Form REV-1667, Annual Withholding Reconciliation Statement, for 2020.
The Pennsylvania Form 1099 Filing Deadline - January 31, 2021
The Pennsylvania Form REV-1667 Filing Deadline -
January 31, 2021
TaxBandits supports the filing of Form 1099 with both the IRS and the State of Pennsylvania.
Q. Does Pennsylvania mandate 1099 filing for 2020?
A. Yes! For 2020, all 1099 forms that you file with the IRS must be filed with the State of Pennsylvania even if there was no state withholding.
Q. What types of 1099 forms need to be filed with the State of Pennsylvania?
A. If you are a payer operating a business in Pennsylvania or have paid Pennsylvania residents for their services, you must file 1099 with the State. You must submit all the 1099 forms you file with the IRS to the State. Some of the 1099 forms are listed below:
Q. Does Pennsylvania require the filing of Form 1099-NEC?
A. Yes. The State of Pennsylvania requires Form 1099-NEC to be filed even if there was no state withholding.
Q. Does Pennsylvania require any additional forms to be submitted when filing 1099 forms?
A. Yes! The State of Pennsylvania also has an additional Form REV-1667 (Annual Withholding Reconciliation Statement) to be sent if a state tax is withheld to filed along with Form 1099.
Q. What is the deadline to file 1099 with Pennsylvania?
A. For the tax year 2020, the deadline to file 1099s with Pennsylvania is January 31, 2021, even if the date falls on a weekend or holiday.
If you fail to file on time, the State of Pennsylvania will impose penalties.
Q. Can I e-file 1099 forms with Pennsylvania?
A. Yes! You can e-file 1099 forms with the State of Pennsylvania. E-filing is the best option for hassle-free filing. If you prefer e-filing, TaxBandits is here to help you with that. We support 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, and 1099-Rs with the State of Pennsylvania. You can distribute 1099 form copies to payees via postal mail or TaxBandits’ Online Access Portal if needed.
Q. What are the penalties for late filing of 1099s with Pennsylvania?
A. If any amount of taxes withheld from Pennsylvania's employee is not reported and fully disclosed on or before the due date, interest will be charged daily from the due date to the date at which payment is made.
Penalties for late filing Form 1099
- Failure to file quarterly return in the imposition of an addition to tax of 5% per month of the total return, i.e., a minimum of $5. The penalty may reach up to a maximum of 25% per return.
Penalties for late payment of taxes
- Failure to pay the tax withheld to the PA Department of Revenue on or before the due date for filing the quarterly reconciliation return will result in addition to tax of 5% per month of the underpayment for each month or fraction thereof (maximum 50%).
Interest for not paying taxes
- If you have willfully underpaid or not paid the taxes that are later proved to be the result of fraud, 50% of the underpayment will be added to the tax.
Q. Where do I mail 1099 forms when filing with the State of Pennsylvania?
A. If you want to file paper copies of 1099, you must attach a copy of Form 1096 and REV-1667, the Annual Withholding Reconciliation Statement, while sending it to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue.
Remember, e-filing is the most convenient way to file your tax returns with the IRS and state. You can e-file with TaxBandits; an IRS authorized e-filing service provider to track your returns from anywhere easily.
If you still want to file 1099 forms by paper, send the forms with a copy of 1096 and REV 1667 to the following mailing address:
Mailing Address For Taxpayers Filing Less Than 10 Form 1099s with REV-1667:
Mailing Address For Form 1099-R or 1099-MISC Showing Zero Withholding:
Get started with TaxBandits today and stay compliant with the State of Pennsylvania! Start Filing Now