Correct Your Previously filed W2 Forms with our e-filing Software

If you need to correct your W-2 Form...

Don’t worry! If you have made a mistake on your employee’s W-2 Form (Wage and Tax Statement), you can easily correct it with TaxBandits.

Even if you filed your W-2 Form with another service provider, you can use TaxBandits to file your W-2 correction Form W-2c.

While filing with TaxBandits transmittal Form W-3c is automatically generated.

Plus, you can use our print center and postal mailing feature to have us mail hard copies of your corrected forms to each of your employees.

How to correct your W-2 Form

To correct your W-2 Form you will need to file Form W-2c (Corrected Wage and Tax Statements). You will also need to send this corrected W-2 Form to your employees and the SSA.

What information can be corrected on Form W-2?

You can use Form W-2c to correct a variety of Form W-2 errors, including:

  • Incorrect employee names or Social Security Numbers
  • Incorrect employee addresses
  • Incorrect employer identification numbers (EIN)
  • An incorrect tax year
  • Incorrect employee earnings or tax withholdings

When should Form W-2c be submitted?

You should submit Form W-2c as soon as possible once you discover an error on your W-2 Form. You are also required to file Form W-3c (transmittal form for Form W-2c) when you transmit Form W-2c to the SSA.

People also visited:

Why TaxBandits?

  • File W2-s in Minutes
  • IRS-Authorized Provider
  • Bulk Upload Capability
  • Only Takes a Few Steps!
  • Direct State Filing
  • Print & Postal Mailing
  • E-Filing Starts at $1.49/form
  • 1099 Forms
  • 94x Forms
  • ACA Forms
  • Tax Extension Forms

Success Starts with TaxBandits

The Smart Business Owners Choice

Form W-2, 1099, 94x Filing is due by January 31, 2019.

File your forms today with your free TaxBandits account. Pay only when you transmit a form.