Copy Information from Prior Year 990/990-EZ Return
Form 990 preparation can be very time consuming. To simplify the Form 990/990-EZ filing process and save you time, TaxBandits has launched the Prior Year Autofill enhancement which will help simplify your Form 990 preparation process and make filing easy.
The new Prior Year Autofill feature allows you to easily import the data of your 990/990-EZ return into the new/current year’s tax return from a previously accepted return. Users can copy any Form 990 or Form 990-EZ return that was previously filed with TaxBandits and accepted by the IRS.
The following previous year return information can be imported directly into your current return and reviewed or edited if necessary:
- Basic Organization Information
- Revenue, Expenses and Changes in Net Assets or Fund Balances
- Primary Exempt Purpose
- Program Service Accomplishments
- List of Officers, Directors, Trustees and Key Employees
- Books are in care of (Other Information)
- List of states with which a copy of this return is to be filed
- Section 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization
- Public Charity Status and Public Support
How does Prior Year Autofill benefit your nonprofit?
- Save time completing your Form 990 Series information return.
- Avoid time consuming data entry while filing Form 990.
- Reduce mistakes by copying standard information to the new return.
How does the Prior Year Autofill feature work?
- Click the “Start Return” button from the Form 990 dashboard.
- Then Click “Copy Return” button from the popup.
- Select the information you would like to copy from the previous year’s return.
- Confirm gross receipts if any changes have been made since the previous year’s return.
- Review the summary of your copied return and proceed with the changes.