Automate IRS Form W-9: Request and Receive Online Easily
Why Choose TaxBandits for IRS Form W-9?
We simplify the process of W-9 Forms to save your time & effort.
How to complete 2020 Form W-9 Online with TaxBandits?
What Information should contractors/payees complete on Form W-9 for 2020?
- 1. Contractor/Payee Details: Name, Business Name, Business type, Address
- 2. Contractor/Individual TIN (EIN/SSN)
- 3. Signing the Form
Now, It's simple to complete Form W-9 with TaxBandits. Enter information that is applicable to you. Your payer will be notified for the updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Form W-9?
Form W-9 is an IRS tax form used by an individual or entity to request a person's name, address, Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and certification from an hired contractor or vendor to e-file the 1099 information returns. IRS W-9 form is known as Request For Taxpayers Identification Number and Certification Form.
With TaxBandits online portal, employers can automate the entire compliance process and manage all W-9 forms at one place securely.
At the sametime, vendors can complete, e-sign and submit their W-9 in a few minutes with the help of our simple and easy to follow guided process.
What is backup withholding?
If you are a payer and making payments to a vendor, you should withhold 24% of the payment and pay it to the IRS. This is called a backup withholding. This withholding does not apply to all payments. Payments that are subject to backup withholding are given below.
- Tax-exempt interest
- Broker and barter exchange transactions
- Nonemployee pay
- Payments made in settlement of payment card
- Third-party network transactions
- Certain payments from fishing boat operators
What are the penalties if the contractors/payees fail to furnish correct TIN?
TIN Mismatch: Penalty of $50 imposed on contractors or vendors, if they fail to provide their requester with the correct TIN, unless an acceptable reason is stated. At TaxBandits, we verify vendors' TIN against IRS databases to avoid these penalties.
Civil Penalty: If a vendor provides false information with respect to withholding, he/she will be subject to $500 penalty.
Criminal Penalty: Provides falsifying information wilfully will lead to criminal penalties.
For more details, visit, irs.gov.
How to integrate TaxBandits API with your software to request IRS Form W-9?
You can integrate your application with our intuitive TaxBandits API to request TIN (Form W-9) from your Vendors. Here are steps how it works.
- Step 1: Send the vendors Name and Email on our Form W-9 API request.
- Step 2: The vendor will receive an email (customized) with the link to complete W-9.
- Step 3: Clicking the link, the vendor will be redirected to the secured portal (White-labeled). On the portal, the vendor can add TIN and E-Sign.
- Step 4: You will be notified along with the link to download the completed Form W-9 via Webhook. Using the W-9 information you can easily file the 1099 Forms with TaxBandits.
Success Starts with TaxBandits
The Smart Choice of every 1099 Filers
Excellent Step by Step process and easy to go back and make edits....- Luis Collazo
Very easy navigation going forward and backwards. I usually have trouble online with confusing instructions. Yours is very easy.- Jay Polonsky