IRS Form 4868 Overview
Personal Tax Extension Form 4868 is used by individual or joint taxpayers to receive an automatic extension of up to 6 months file their returns.
|The following Forms can be extended through Form 4868:|
|Form 1040||Form 1040A||Form 1040-EZ||Form 1040NR||Form 1040NR-EZ||Form 1040-PR or 1040-SS|
Due Date for 2019 Personal Tax Extension Form 4868
Personal Tax Extension for the 2019 Tax Year is due on April 15, 2020.Start E-Filing Now
Steps to File Form 4868 Online
- Create or login to your free account.
- Select the extension type you would like to apply for (individual or joint filing).
- Enter the Primary Taxpayer Information such as the Name, SSN, and address.
If you don't owe any taxes simply proceed to the next step. Otherwise, provide the following information:
- Total tax liability amount
- Total payments you have made throughout the year
- Balance due to the IRS
- Amount you will pay to the IRS
- Review your Form Summary & check for any errors.
- Pay for your form and transmit it to the IRS.