Setting up Xero
1. What can I do with Xero Integration?
With TaxBandits, you can securely import your 1099 report(s) from your Xero account. You will be able to update any information on your 1099 Forms, e-file them, and transmit them to the IRS.
2. How do I set up my Xero Account to import my 1099 Reports?
In order to get started, turn on your 1099 Reports in your Xero account by going to Reports -> All Reports -> 1099 Reports. Makes sure this option is turned on for all applicable organizations.
In order to generate the 1099 report, the 1099 rules for each organization need to be set up for the vendors.
Add the vendors for your organizations, create bills for each vendor, and pay for each bill. After you’ve completed these steps, your 1099 reports will be available.
3. How do I import 1099 reports from Xero?
Register With TaxBandits
Register with your contact information on TaxBandits.
Start a New Form in TaxBandits
Sign into TaxBandits and click “Start New Form.” Choose 1099-NEC/MISC and select Xero under Import Options.
Enter Your Xero Data
You will be redirected to Xero. Enter your Xero credentials and choose the organization whose 1099 report you want to import.
Update Organization Information
Once you are back in TaxBandits, re-enter the organization’s EIN. Check to make sure the address, phone number, and email are correct.
Xero Preview Page
After updating the organization details, you will be directed to a landing page and given the options to either “Disconnect Xero and Continue Filing” or “Import Another Organization From Xero.” If you are ready to continue filing your 1099 Forms with TaxBandits, choose the “Disconnect” option.
After you disconnect from Xero, you’ll arrive at the TaxBandits dashboard, where you can view your employees and their account information. From here, you can continue to transmit and pay for your forms.
1. What are common errors that may occur during my import?
No Recipients to Import
- When there are no 1099 reports available in Xero for the specific organization you have chosen, you will see the following error message: “The selected organization does not have any 1099 reports.”
B. Token Error / Session Timeout
- Due to problems with internet connectivity, you could experience a session time-out during your import. If you run into this problem, just sign out and sign back in with TaxBandits.
2. What tax years are supported?
We support the 2019, 2020, & 2021 tax years in TaxBandits.
Find answers to commonly
Setting up Xero
Helpful guide to set up Xero
Search Solutions for