Access our resource center for more
information about tax relief due to
COVID-19. Visit Now

FAQs on Form 1099 R

Why is Gain Reported on Form 1099-R Instead of Form 1099-INT?

All earnings on pensions, annuities, retirement plans, profit-sharing plans, IRAs, and insurance contracts are treated as designated distributions and must be reported on Form 1099-R, regardless of whether the earnings are fixed or variable.

Last modified 26 Jul 2017 16:07 EST

Success Starts with TaxBandits

The Smart Business Owners Choice