FAQs on W-2 Forms

How Do I Correct an Incorrect Tax Year or EIN with Form W-2c?

Enter the tax year and EIN originally reported and enter in the money amounts from the original W-2 Form in the “Previously reported” boxes. In the “Correct information” boxes, enter zeros. Prepare a second Form W-2c for each affected employee. Enter zeros in the “Previously reported” boxes, and enter the correct money amounts in the “Correct information” boxes. Enter the correct tax year and/or correct EIN.

Last modified 26 Jul 2017 17:07 EST

Success Starts with TaxBandits

The Smart Business Owners Choice

Access our resource center for more
information about tax relief due to
COVID-19. Visit Now