FAQs on W-2 Forms

What Should I Do If an Employee Loses Their W-2 Form?

If an employee loses a W-2 Form, write “REISSUED STATEMENT” on the new copy and furnish it to the employee. You do not have to add “REISSUED STATEMENT” on Forms W-2 provided to employees electronically. Do not send Copy A of the reissued W-2 Form to the SSA. Employers are not prohibited (by the Internal Revenue Code) from charging a fee for the issuance of a duplicate W-2 Form.

Last modified 26 Jul 2017 17:07 EST

Success Starts with TaxBandits

The Smart Business Owners Choice

Access our resource center for more
information about tax relief due to
COVID-19. Visit Now