Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement, the filing deadline is on January 31, 2020.
If you fail to file a correct W-2 Form by the due date and cannot show reasonable cause, you may be subject to a penalty as provided under section 6721.
Penalty for not filing Form W-2
The amount of the penalty is based on when you file the correct W-2 Form.
The penalty also applies if you:
- $30 per W-2 Form if you correctly file within 30 days (by March 30 if the due date is February 28); the maximum penalty is $250,000 per year ($75,000 for small businesses, defined on page 11).
- $60 per W-2 Form if you correctly file after 30 days beyond the due date but by August 1; the maximum penalty is $500,000 per year ($200,000 for small businesses).
- $100 per W-2 Form if you file after August 1, or you do not file required Forms W-2; the maximum penalty is $1,500,000 per year ($500,000 for small businesses).
Avoid further penalties and never miss any federal deadline.
File your Form W-2 now with TaxBandits
- Fail to include all information required to be shown on W-2 Form,
- Include incorrect information on W-2 Form,
- File on paper forms when you are required to e-file,
- Report an incorrect TIN, Fail to report a TIN,
- Fail to file paper Forms W-2 that are machine-readable.
. Your Forms will get processed in just a few minutes and you will get an instant notification the moment SSA accepts your W2s.
And with TaxBandits
, you will always get notifications about any important federal tax filing deadline that you are responsible for.
We take the utmost care for e-filing your Form W-2
with the SSA and distribute W2 copies to employees on-time.
Get Started Now
Last modified 26 Jul 2017 17:07 EST