FAQs on W-2 Forms

How do I Gain an Extension of Time to Furnish Forms W-2 to Employees?

You may request an extension of time to furnish W-2 Forms to employees (for 10 or less payers) by sending a letter to: Internal Revenue Service Information Returns Branch, Mail Stop 4360 Attn: Extension of Time Coordinator 240 Murall Drive Kearneysville, WV 2543 Mail your letter on or before the due date for furnishing W-2 Forms to employees. It must include: Your name and address, Your EIN, A statement that you are requesting an extension to furnish W-2 Forms to employees, The reason for delay, and Your signature or that of your authorized agent.

Last modified 26 Jul 2017 17:07 EST

Success Starts with TaxBandits

The Smart Business Owners Choice

Access our resource center for more
information about tax relief due to
COVID-19. Visit Now