FAQs on Form 1099 Series

Will I Receive a Form 1099-R for a Direct Rollover of Tax Qualified Assets?

The answer depends on whether a distribution is made. A direct rollover would be reported on Form 1099-R. A trustee-to-trustee transfer involving no payment or distribution to the participant, which includes a trustee-to-trustee transfer from one IRA to another IRA is not typically reported on Form 1099-R.

Last modified 26 Jul 2017 16:07 EST

Related Questions

What is Form 1099-R?

Why Was I Sent a Form 1099-R?

Why is Money Being Withheld from a Traditional IRA Distribution?

Why is My IRA Rollover Account Reported on Form 1099-R?

Can I Get a Duplicate Copy if I Misplaced the Form 1099-R I Received?

Success Starts with TaxBandits

The Smart Business Owners Choice