FAQs on Form 1099 Series

What happens if I File Form 1099-MISC Late?

Yes, payments made to attorneys in excess of $600 are reported on Form 1099-MISC in box 7. If payments are not reportable in box 7 but are made to attorneys in the course of business or trade for items in connection with legal services, settlements, etc. they are reported in box 14 of Form 1099-Miscellaneous.

Last modified 26 Jul 2017 16:07 EST

Related Questions

What is Form 1099-MISC?

When Is Form 1099-MISC Needed?

What Payments are Exempt from Being Reported on Form 1099-MISC?

Where Do I Report Payments Made to Independent Contractors?

What type of rents are required to be reported on Form 1099-MISC?

Success Starts with TaxBandits

The Smart Business Owners Choice